Can I grow my career as a dental assistant?
Updated: Apr 15
In short, yes! The opportunities for Dental Assistants are endless. There are many different options when it comes to dental assisting, and there are always chances to learn, change, and grow your career. According to the American Dental Association, here are some opportunities for Registered Dental Assistants:
· Solo dental practices (practices with only one dentist)
· Group practices (practices with two or more dentists)
· Specialty practices (practices such as pediatric dentistry, orthodontics, oral surgery, periodontics, etc.)
· Hospital dental clinics, assisting dentists in the treatment of bedridden patients
· Dental school clinics, assisting dental students as they learn to perform dental procedures
· Insurance companies, processing dental insurance claims
· Teaching others to be dental assistants at vocational schools, technical institutes, community college dental schools and universities
· Dental product sales representatives
· Front office staff
Being a Registered Dental Assistant is rewarding in many ways, and you will always have the opportunity for growth and change in your career. Fill out our interest form today to take the first step towards this amazing career!